Friday, January 9, 2009

没有走的路

[美国]罗伯特•弗罗斯特    张祈 译          两条路在一片金黄的树林中分岔, 很遗憾我不能两条都走, 而只能 走上其中一条, 我长久站着, 向下注视着这条路, 它看起来是那样远, 像是我能够走到它转弯隐入的树丛深处;    接着我看另一条,它像前者一样美丽, 而且可能更有吸引我的理由, 因为它上面的青草像是在等人踩踏; 虽然当我走过后,那条未走的路 会和那条人们走过的完全一样,    可是在那个清晨,它们都曾静卧在 落叶中,没有谁的脚把它们弄脏。 啊,我还是留下第一条给另一天! 我已经知道路和路是怎样相连, 我怀疑自己也许某一天将会把此地重返。    在许多年后的某个地点,我将 说起这件事,伴着一声叹息: 两条路在树林中分开,而我—— 我选择了较少人走的一条, 随后的一切就相差千里万里。    The Road Not Taken         TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5 Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, 10 And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. 15 I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference

No comments: